Thursday, August 18, 2011

Paper Punches for Scrapbooking Review




I've recently started selling die cuts that I make by handpunching cardstock and decorative scrapbooking paper in my etsy shop and have quickly discovered that not all punches are the same. I am going to give you my favorites and not so favorites of ones that I have used.

At first, I wanted to make handmade tags so I headed to Joanne's and purchased a Fiskars punch like this one. Boy was this punch ever hard to use. I thought at first that it may be the size of the tag and then discovered later that I had some smaller Fiskar punches that I have hardly ever used. It is too hard to punch and by the tenth punch you are wondering if it's worth it.

I have some Martha Stewart border punches like this Daisy Chain Trim punch that I rather liked. They punch smoothly and you don't feel like you are working too hard for it. But it's Martha so I wouldn't expect any less.

I also have a couple of EK Success punches like Mickey Mouse Punch that work very well. You can do repeated punching without feeling like you are working too hard for it.

So what your favorite punches?

Related items:






No comments:

Post a Comment