Thursday, March 18, 2010

Putting Together a Page

Sometimes I know exactly what I want a page to look like, other times I have to mull it over in my head for a bit. This page started with the fact that I had two scraps of paper that I thought were really pretty and I wanted to feature them in a page. At first I thought about using them as mats but then thought what was the point if it was just going to get covered over.


Then I thought about making it appear to be a long strip by putting another piece of paper down the center. At first I put the paper down the center but didn't really like the way that look so opted to put the paper a little off-center.


So next came the embellishments. I thought that the flower was a great compliment to the blue background. I wanted to put more orange on the other side to balance it out.











I then wanted to be able to have journaling on the page. I thought at first about putting the same ribbon around the mini-album but it was a little hard to tie. So it was off again to my embellisment stash! I saw some photo holders and thought that this would be great to hold down the album.

So Viola! I like the way the page turned out. Instead of adding mats I left it blank so that photos could be added in any configuration. The page is available in my etsy shop.

Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment