Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Inexpensively Spruce Up Your Craft Room Organization


You don't have to spend a lot of money to organize and spruce up your craft room. I like the price of plastic storage bins but really didn't like the look, and because my craft space is in a very visible area in my house I wanted it to look good. 

Here is all that you need to complete this project:
  • sturdy piece of cardboard
  • scissors
  • fabric
  • hot glue gun (or duct tape)
  • ruler

 Here is what the bins look like before


 Step 1: Measure your storage bin and cut your cardboard slightly smaller (to accommodate fabric)


Step 2: Cover the cardboard with fabric gluing or taping down in the back. You can cover the back also with fabric for a more finished look on the inside but since I am the only one who is going to see that I didn't think it was necessary :)


Step 3: Place in the front of the plastic bin and you are done. Easy peasy! Depending on how the front of the bin is structured the cardboard piece may rest easily on its own but if it doesn't I just take a piece of clear tape and secure along the top of the bin. You can just do a small strip, you don't have to do the whole piece.


Below are some more pictures.



The black bins I got from Wal-Mart (find them here cheaper on Amazon) and the clear folders are for organizing scrap paper from projects.

The cute pink bins I got from the dollar store and the Black Storage Box I got from Michaels (I think)

Related items:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment