Monday, May 14, 2012

Really Inexpensive Storage Idea for Your Earrings

I came home from church on yesterday and my sister told me that she started to 'steal' the pair of earrings that I had laying on the sofa. My niece then replied "Yeah, auntie has earrings all over the place". Ummm, she is so right. lol. I got the supplies weeks ago to make my own earring storage and hadn't gotten around to it but I figured yesterday was a good a day as any :).

Below are the steps and they are super simple. Will take you probably all of 5-10 minutes to put together.



This turned out so cute (better than pictured and I am going to blame the lighting and not my picture taking skills). All you need is:
  • A picture frame. I got mine from Kmart for a few bucks but you can pick one up at a thrift store or garage sale for next to nothing.
  • A piece of lace. I got this piece from the Goodwill.
  • A glue gun
To start, cut your lace to fit the back (you can use the cardboard piece that comes with it as a template). Then you start gluing. My tip is to glue the top piece first and secure. Then glue each side one at a time. Then glue the bottom piece. This way you don't have to worry about the glue drying before you finish your project or the lace inadvertently getting stuck to the wrong part of the frame. Plus you get a tighter fit this way.

Then you just pop the backing back on and hang on the wall. I elected to stand my jewelry holder up on a shelf that I have in my room. That's it! You are all done. Easy right? :)

I don't mind the cardboard showing through, I think this provides a neutral backdrop for my jewelry. However, if you don't like this look you can glue a piece of decorative paper to the back front of the cardboard insert. Also, most of my jewelry is lightweight so I am not worryied about the lace getting worn out. However, if you have heavier jewelry, you could use window screening instead of lace and just use a heavier glue to set it. e6000 will work for this. Or if securing to a wood frame you could use a heavy duty stapler.

Items you may also like:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment