Tuesday, June 10, 2014

How to Cut Thin Patterned Paper on Your Cricut



I have been struggling with figuring out how to cut patterned paper on my Cricut for weeks! Mainly because I had gotten so many requests to make my Minnie Mouse bows out of polka dot paper. I researched and thought that I found the answer. However, no matter how careful I was I still ended up tearing the paper.

Then I took another look online and came across this nifty Cricut cutting guide. As it turns out, I was being too careful. I thought that because the paper was thinner than card stock that I needed to go slower. Boy was I wrong and now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense that I needed to speed up the machine. 

I did have to tweak it a bit for my machine. Here's a tip: use computer paper for patterned paper as they are practically the same thickness to keep from ruining your precious paper. I'm in love with my machine again. :) Well at least until it's time to get a new mat. I really hate using new mats...


You may also like:
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment