Friday, June 6, 2014

How To Make Your Own Inexpensive Mailers and Envelopes



Below is a quick example of how I made my own mailer/envelope on the cheap. This came about mostly out of a time crunch and a bit of laziness lol. I was almost finishing up my orders and needed two small envelopes but really didn't feel like going to the store and then coming back and finishing.

So I looked around to see what I had and I saw that I had plenty of paper bags because I use them to make paper bag scrapbook albums in my etsy shop. So I simply cut off the bottom edge and sewed it shut with a zigzag stitch. I inserted a piece of thin chipboard inside. Then, I taped down the thread on the back to make sure it didn't come undone with handling. Easy and quick!




I think that it looks rather cute especially with the pink paper (pink and brown is my favorite combo). I think that I am going to use this to mail out the Mickey Mouse ear punches that I have in my Mouse Party House etsy shop as I sell a lot of these and tend to run out of envelopes quickly. I love happy accidents :).

TIPS:
  • Use sturdy a sturdy bag, you don't want your envelope to come undone :)
  • I taped down the flap (when I folded over the bag) with a wide shipping tape and wrapped around so that it would also make sure the folds on the side stay flat. Next time to be on the safe side I am going to tape down the sides of the bag as well.
Here are a few more ways to make cute envelopes. One example uses pretty scrapbook paper and the other magazine pages. Who doesn't have magazines around?

The first examples comes from 27 things. Cute right? 


Cute way to reuse your magazines. See the tutorial HERE.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment